Friday, July 2, 2010

Scene 36

INT. HOMELESS SHELTER 1 - DAY
Jutta leaves the shelter, comments to Receptionist.

JUTTA
You don’t have the right one.

INT. RESTAURANT FOR RENT THREE - DAY
Chris and Izarra admire a sparse, yet clean space.

IZARRA
Good vibe.

CHRIS
It’s perfect.

REAL ESTATE AGENT
There’s already a bid. I can get you ahead if you can put down 30,000 cash today.

CHRIS
(to Izarra)
I’ll never find a place this good.

IZARRA
Where you gonna’ get 30,000?

Chris takes a bank card out of his wallet.

CHRIS
I could borrow it from Jutta.

IZARRA
You have her password?

CHRIS
Her birthday.

IZARRA
Every idiot knows you never use your birthday.

CHRIS
That’s why no-one would guess.

EXT. HOMELESS SHELTER 2 - DAY
Jutta runs into the shelter.

INT. RESTAURANT FOR RENT THREE - DAY

IZARRA
Don’t tie yourself to that woman with a loan.

CHRIS
Yeah, she’d never trust me again.

Izarra perks up. Chris places the bank card in his pocket.

CHRIS
I’d never get the rest of the financing anyway. Two banks already turned me down.

IZARRA
I do readings for a banker who focuses on small business loans.

CHRIS
Why would he give me a loan?

IZARRA
A conjunction of Mercury with Saturn will indicate he needs to invest in socially responsible gastronomy. He always follows my advice.

Izarra starts to massage Chris’s shoulders. She secretly removes the bank card from Chris’s pocket.

IZARRA
And I’ve got some money saved up. I’ll lend you the 30,000.

CHRIS
You’d support me like that?

IZARRA
I’d do anything for my partner.

CHRIS
Business partner?

IZARRA
Partner.

EXT. HOMELESS SHELTER 2 - DAY
Jutta runs out of the shelter.

CLOSE ON IZARRA HOLDING BANK CARD

IZARRA
May 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

registered WGAw