Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scene 18

INT. JUTTA AND CHRIS'S APARTMENT, LIVING ROOM - DAY
Chris tries to suppress his anger towards Jutta.

CHRIS
So what are you making for dinner?

JUTTA
Oh, I forgot. Can you run downstairs for Chinese?

CHRIS
Again?

JUTTA
Sorry. We just got back from the museum.

CHRIS
(irritated)
OK.

Frau Knobloch sneaks in as Chris leaves.

FRAU KNOBLOCH
Still schmutzig. He cleaned nothing.

Jutta’s cell phone rings. She answers.

JUTTA
Bob, I don’t have time ... Well if it’s an emergency ...

Doorbell rings. Jutta notices Bob has hung up the phone. She answers the door. Bob enters.

JUTTA
Bob!

BOB
I have to talk with you.

FRAU KNOBLOCH
Another Ami? Schlampe!

JUTTA
This is Bob. He works for me.

FRAU KNOBLOCH
Oh good. Here, clean the table.

Frau Knobloch hands Bob a cleaning rag. He begins cleaning with amazing efficiency.

JUTTA
Mutti, that’s not appropriate.

BOB
Ms. Knobloch, things are bad at the office. We’ve lost 3 key accounts, and there are rumors of layoffs.

JUTTA
Nothing to worry about.

BOB
If I had some furniture polish.

Jutta hands Bob furniture polish.

BOB
Secretarial staff will be the first to go.

JUTTA
There won’t be any layoffs without my say-so.

BOB
Mr. Perez said my review was horrible.

Frau Knobloch hands Bob a broom. He sweeps furiously.

JUTTA
That can’t be true.

BOB
You’re the only one who reviews me.

Frau Knobloch points out spots where Bob should sweep.

JUTTA
I didn’t give you a bad review.

BOB
You didn’t write that my pea-sized brain isn’t worth the air space it occupies?

JUTTA
No-one would be so unprofessional.

Angelique enters with clothing over her arm.

ANGELIQUE
All my clothings are wrinkled. Have you an iron?

Frau Knobloch sets up the ironing board. Jutta plugs in the iron. Frau Knobloch takes the clothes from Angelique and hands them to Bob who immediately begins to iron efficiently. Frau Knobloch exits to kitchen.

ANGELIQUE
(flirting with Bob)
Hello.

BOB
(on the verge of crying)
I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose my job. I love this job. Do you have any spray starch?

Jutta hands Bob spray starch.

BOB
I love working for you, Ms. Knobloch.

ANGELIQUE
(flirting aggressively)
You missed a spot.

BOB
(starting to cry)
Mr. Perez wants to see me first thing in the morning, and I know he’s gonna’ fire me.

JUTTA
He can’t fire you without my permission.

Frau Knobloch enters from kitchen.

FRAU KNOBLOCH
The kitchen need cleaning!

Bob rushes into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

registered WGAw