Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scene 17

INT. JUTTA AND CHRIS'S APARTMENT, LIVING ROOM - DAY
Chris and Izarra drink coffee together.

CHRIS
More coffee?

IZARRA
Wait, the grounds have something important to say. Darkness over your love life.

CHRIS
Jutta?

IZARRA
Let me feel your aura.
(extends hands)
She’s too cold for you, focused only on her career.

CHRIS
Sometimes.

IZARRA
She’s a Taurus, the work horse.

CHRIS
How would you know?

IZARRA
Early May birthday?

CHRIS
May 7th. How did --

IZARRA
Hard-core Taurus. May 7th. No creativity, no fun.

CHRIS
You’ve never met her.

IZARRA
The grounds say she has a daddy complex. You’ll never measure up. There’s someone better.

CHRIS
Who?

IZARRA
At work. Creative, beautiful woman.

CHRIS
Kendra?

IZARRA
No.

CHRIS
Lindsay?

IZARRA
Definitely not.

CHRIS
They’re the only good-looking women at work.

IZARRA
(growing irritated)
There must be another.

CHRIS
No.

IZARRA
Yes, there is.

CHRIS
The grounds must be getting stale. I’ll freshen this up.

IZARRA
I see another. Lives nearby?

CHRIS
Joney?

IZARRA
The peg-legged girl who worked for the circus?

CHRIS
She’s always so nice.

IZARRA
You can’t think of someone nicer, more beautiful?

CHRIS
No.

IZARRA
Did I tell you I was a beautiful actress in my last life?

CHRIS
Really?

IZARRA
I was tragically murdered, and they announced to the public I died in my sleep. Big cover up. It was actually related to a little tryst with the Kennedy brothers.

CHRIS
Marilyn Monroe?

IZARRA
I was very misunderstood. Shy, innocent girl from the suburbs. And everyone just wanted to blow my skirt up in the air. I chose a lower profile in this life.

CHRIS
You succeeded.

IZARRA
We learn from each lifetime, and when we’re ready, we ascend to a more challenging, higher plane of existence in future lives.

CHRIS
Stocking shelves is a step up?

IZARRA
It’s a higher challenge to be born with few resources, and obstacles like average looks and IQ.

CHRIS
OK.

IZARRA
From the moment we met, I knew you were in a lifetime on the highest plane of existence.

CHRIS
Thanks. I’m gonna’ put these away.

Chris starts to pick up the coffee cups.

IZARRA
Since you’re so open to this.

Izarra picks up a plastic ball and sets it on the table.

IZARRA
I read crystal.

CHRIS
A crystal ball? Where’d that come from?

IZARRA
Under the table.

CHRIS
Wait, that’s frosted plastic.

IZARRA
It’ll work. I’m very talented.

Izarra peers into the plastic ball.

CHRIS
I better get things cleaned up. Jutta will be home any minute. She’s making dinner.

IZARRA
Wait. I see a negative influence in your life.

CHRIS
Izarra, I really don’t believe in --

IZARRA
Look.

CHRIS
What’s that? A dark shadow? It’s moving.

IZARRA
Evil. Infiltrating your life.

CHRIS
This isn’t funny.

IZARRA
Chill wind. Darkness.

CHRIS
What was that???

IZARRA
A demon.

CHRIS
And that?

IZARRA
A goat. Blood. Hoofed creature beckons evil.

Izarra shrieks, becomes truly frightened.

CHRIS
It moved. The crystal ball moved!

IZARRA
You’re in real danger, immediate danger.

CHRIS
It’s cold in here.

IZARRA
Blackness, clouds, demonic energy. An evil is coming fast and strong. Cold winds infiltrate the bone from afar. It’s evil, a true evil, and it’s coming now.

Jutta enters.

JUTTA
Hi Chris.

Chris and Izarra jump in shock. Izarra lets out a blood-curtling scream.

CHRIS
Jutta ... This is Izarra, from work.

Frau Knobloch and Angelique enter, sneak by Chris and exit to bedrooms.

JUTTA
Nice to meet you. Can you believe someone on an upper floor dumped coffee on me? I bet it’s that loud obnoxious new neighbor in 9B. Oh, how’d that get up here?

Jutta picks up the plastic ball, opens the top and speaks into it.

JUTTA
Hi Nibbles! Did you have a good run in your new hamster ball?

IZARRA
I’d better go.

CHRIS
Thanks for stopping by.

IZARRA
The pleasure’s all mine.

Izarra leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

registered WGAw