Sunday, May 9, 2010

Scene 16

INT. JUTTA AND CHRIS’S APARTMENT, LIVING ROOM - DAY
Chris and Izarra sit at a table, with coffee. Izarra flirts.

IZARRA
Izarra. With a rolled “r.” Izarra.

CHRIS
(tries unsuccessfully)
Izarra.

Izarra giggles at his ridiculous attempt.

IZARRA
That’s so cute. Means star goddess.

CHRIS
Sorry, looks like I got some grounds in the cup.

IZARRA
Don’t worry, I’m an Aquarius.

CHRIS
Oh sorry.

IZARRA
Aquarius is my sun sign. We’re abstract thinkers, creative
people, not bound to the confines of the status quo.

CHRIS
Huh?

IZARRA
Besides, I read coffee grounds.

She throws the remainder of her coffee out the window.

CHRIS
Hey!

Izarra flips the coffee cup upside down.

IZARRA
Aquariuses see the world differently.

She turns the cup back over and looks inside. Chris tries to take a sip of coffee. Izarra stops him in order to show him her cup.

IZARRA
Look at the scene the grounds paint for me. Here’s my
love life. Just some older woman with a funny hairdo.
Mother complex. Mom died when I was little. Aquariuses
have trouble with love. We always come across as a good
friend when we really want something romantic.

Chris attempts to drink his coffee a second time. Izarra stops him in order to emphasize her next point.

IZARRA
Luckily, I have a Scorpio ascendent. The ascendent is what
you become as your life progresses. Scorpios are very
sensual by nature. A little kinky sometimes in a dark sort
of way, but they love sex. I have a great future ahead of me.

CHRIS
Interesting --

IZARRA
Let’s look at yours.

She grabs the cup from Chris and throws the coffee out the window. Chris seizes it in hopes of rescuing a little.

CHRIS
I wanted to drink that.

He finishes off what’s in the cup, chokes on the grounds and spits them in the cup.

CHRIS
Grounds.

IZARRA
The Scorpio in me thought that was hot. OK, flip it over.

CHRIS
(complies)
I don’t believe in this sort of thing.

IZARRA
Now turn it right side up.

He does. Izarra examines the coffee grounds.

CHRIS
Do you really know how to do this?

IZARRA
Shhhhhhhh. There are clouds over your career.

CHRIS
Career? I stock shelves.

IZARRA
But you do it with me. I’m really an artist, you know. I paint.

CHRIS
Oh? Where can I see your work?

IZARRA
I’m between shows. I was a princess in a previous life.

CHRIS
Really?

IZARRA
The Russian Tsarina Alexandra.

Chris is clueless.

IZARRA
Anastasia’s mother.

CHRIS
I hear Anastasia’s still alive. You might want to get in touch.

IZARRA
No, she died with me. Bright little one. I hear, in her
present life, she’s a crack addict living under a bridge.

CHRIS
Have you told this to anyone else?

IZARRA
No. People would think I’m crazy.

CHRIS
Nooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

registered WGAw