Friday, January 29, 2010

Scene 2

INT. JUTTA AND CHRIS’S APARTMENT, KITCHEN - NIGHT
Chris prepares a spectacular dinner.

INT. JUTTA AND CHRIS’S APARTMENT, ENTRY WAY - NIGHT
Jutta enters, slams the door.

JUTTA
If I had a dollar for every idiot.

INT. JUTTA AND CHRIS’S APARTMENT, DINING ROOM - NIGHT
The lights are low and romantic, candles on the dining table. Jutta sits and reviews documents. Chris enters and places the last touches of dinner. Unaware of the ambience, Jutta starts to eat while working, pays little attention to Chris.

CHRIS
My day wasn’t the best.

JUTTA
Mmmmmm Hmmmmmm . . .

CHRIS
Do I really have to stay at your Tante
Angelique’s house?

JUTTA
(continues reviewing docs)
The neighbors are so nosy. Oh, did
you hear anything on the promotion?

CHRIS
(nervous)
No. Might be a while.

JUTTA
Oh, here.

Jutta hands Chris a bank card while continuously working.

JUTTA
I put your name on my bank account.

CHRIS
That’s your money.

JUTTA
In case of emergency. It has a 30,000
dollar limit.

Chris stares at the card, awestruck with the limit. BANG. CRASH. Jutta looks up at the ceiling.

JUTTA
Will that loud new neighbor ever finish
moving in?

CHRIS
One of these days, I wanna’ get away
from the job-stress, the crowded city. I
dreamed we live in a tree-house.

Jutta’s eyes light up.

JUTTA
Tree-house? With the master bedroom
at the top?

CHRIS
And the kids’ bedrooms on the lower
branches, so we won’t be disturbed.

JUTTA
(giggles)
And when they need discipline, I’ll swing
down on a vine, spank them on my way by ...

Jutta picks up a riding crop and slams it on the furniture making a loud noise, startling Chris.

JUTTA
and swoop back up.

CHRIS
Would you put that riding crop away?

JUTTA
It was my father’s when he became
general.

CHRIS
Our kids’ll be so perfect they’ll never
need discipline.

JUTTA
I love your dreams, Chris.

Chris walks to Jutta and gets down on one knee.

CHRIS
Jutta, will you --

Chris trips and falls to the ground. He repositions himself on one knee.

CHRIS
Will you marry me?

For a brief moment Jutta is elated, then becomes serious.

FADE TO PLANE LANDING IN GERMANY - NIGHT

JUTTA
Contingent on you making a good
impression on my family.

2 comments:

  1. Came from Farila's to say hi!. Your blog is just so creative!
    Have a blissful day! :)

    ReplyDelete

registered WGAw